Zoho have introduced 2FA and so we cannot use the email password with Lucee or any other client like outlook. To use the Zoho to send out an email using Lucee you need to create an app password. The steps are as below:
- Login to https://accounts.zoho.com with your email and password.
- Go to Security -> App Passwords
- Click the ‘Generate New Password’ link to create a new password
- Give an identifiable name and generate a password
- Copy the password and store it as you will not be able to retrieve this password again.
- Now, go to Lucee Admin -> Mail settings
- Add the values as shown.
Username: Your email.
Password: The one-time password that you have generated.
Note: If you try verifying the email connection through Lucee it will show an error that not able to connect to the server, but you can ignore that error.